Roles and Responsibilities
Our network of financial institutions has been hand-picked to provide prompt service and fee transparency. Each organization has an important role to play in delivering a great investment experience to you, our valued client.
LJCooper Wealth Advisors
Registered Investment Advisor
- Portfolio design, asset allocation, and rebalancing
- Personalized investment advice & account servicing
- Tiered fee schedule reduces fees on larger accounts
- Billed quarterly in advance from your account
DFPG Investments, Inc.
Independent Broker Dealer
- Compliance oversight with federal regulators
- Due diligence on alternative investment programs
- Administration and processing
Visit the DFPG Investments website.
Equity Trust Company
- Separate entity from LJCooper where your securities are held
- Maintains SIPC insurance for asset safekeeping
- Processes buy and sell transactions for your accounts
- Flat $150 annual fee per account billed quarterly (plus $125 for alternative assets)
- Sends quarterly account statements
Visit the Equity Trust Company website.
Dimensional Fund Advisors
Institutional Asset Class Fund Manager
- Mutual fund diversification
- Portfolio trading strategies
- Management fees- each fund varies (60/40 portfolio average is 0.35%)
- DFA’s performance reported net of fees
Visit the Dimensional Fund Advisors website.
- Separate entity from LJCooper where your securities are held.
- Maintains SIPC insurance.
- Processes buy and sell transactions for your accounts.
- $30 – $50 per transaction (buy or sell).
- Sends monthly account statements.
Visit the Charles Schwab website.
Utah Valley University
As a core value encompassed in our credo, “The Educated Path to Investing,” LJCooper maintains a strong commitment and support for financial education and for UVU’s top 10 nationally ranked accredited Personal Financial Planning program. As a result, LJCooper has employed over 17 paid interns from the UVU PFP program and has offered over 10 full-time positions to graduates of the program—all of which are prepared to sit for the nationally accredited CFP examination!
PFP Program Highlights:
- Become CFP Eligible
- Participation in national competitions
- Professional networking
- Top 10 nationally ranked program
- 100% job placement
- Paid Internships